As a brunch capital of the world, Melbourne doesn't need Easter to be reminded about these top 11 cracking egg dishes.
1. The truffled egg at Industry Beans sits on a bed of coffee cornbread crumb and almond couscous, accompanied by zucchini ribbons, enoki mushroom, a charcoal and cauliflower panna cotta, artichoke crisps, a pea puree and, of course, truffle oil.
3/62 Rose Street, Fitzroy
2. Uncle's black wild rice with nuts, grains, chilli, fragrant herbs and panko-crumbed hen's egg is ideal for lunch, as a side, or pre-dinner starter. The Vietnamese-inspired dish is only featured on the St Kilda menu.
188 Carlisle Street, St Kilda
3. At Cellar Bar, start the day right by tucking in on a poached egg that sits on a bed of soft polenta, sautéed seasonal mushrooms with thyme and watercress dressed with olive oil.
80 Bourke Street, Melbourne
4. Krimper's wild mushroom omelette features a variety of seasonal mushrooms and is complemented by confit onion, taleggio cheese on sitting atop a hearty sourdough toast.
20 Guildford Lane, Melbourne
5. The lobster omelette is the ultimate way to splash out for breakfast at Rockpool Bar & Grill. The dish is luxuriously filled with poached lobster, and a rich, bisque-style prawn sauce is poured at the table.
Crown Entertainment Complex, 8 Whiteman Street, Southbank
6. Spanish-inspired tapas is the order of the day at Nómada. The clacked egg is served in an eggshell filled with wild rice, potato and chunks of ham, under an egg emulsion on burnt hay.
412A Brunswick Street, Fitzroy