Your spa etiquette guide
Make the most of your treatment time with these simple suggestions
- Give as much notice as possible if you can't make your appointment. Plus, investigate the spa's cancellation policies when booking if you anticipate any problems.
- Avoid eating for at least an hour before your appointment.
- Stay out of the sun on the day of your treatment to prevent skin sensitivity.
- Wear appropriate attire – do your homework when you book by asking what to don for your specific treatment.
- Arrive on time, or a little early – some spas specify a pre-treatment period that is considered an integral element of the therapy.
- Tell your therapist about any medical conditions, however minor you may think they are.
- When enjoying communal treatments, such as mineral bathing, shower beforehand and make sure you take a towel to the sauna.
- Communicate any personal preferences for levels of light, conversation, temperature and pressure, and speak up if you're feeling uncomfortable.
- Be mindful of others by keeping noise and conversation to a minimum and switching off your mobile phone.
Spa etiquette guidelines provide by marie claire magazine, Australia.