Commencing in 1871, the Bendigo Easter Festival is the oldest continuous running community festival in Australia. It's a celebration of Bendigo's unique Chinese heritage and the local community spirit, enjoy four spectacular days of fun and entertainment for the whole family.
Bendigo's historic streetscapes and shady parks come alive, with just some of the highlights including:
- Children's entertainment, activities and workshops including; Vision Australia Easter Egg Hut, Farmer Daryl's animal farm, giant roving characters, African drumming, historic fire truck rides, interactive workshops, face painting and craft.
- Bendigo Chinese Association presents Chinese festivities including the popular Spring Festival and Awakening of the Dragon. An array of Chinese lions, dragon, drums, gongs, regalia and costumes all lead up to the highly anticipated appearance of Sun Loong, the longest imperial dragon in the world in Sunday's spectacular Gala Parade.
- Line the streets to enjoy the vibrant Bendigo District RSL Torchlight Lantern Procession on Easter Saturday evening, followed by a spectacular fireworks display.
- The Bendigo Advertiser Gala Parade (Easter Sunday)
- Live music will be scattered throughout the festival precinct, where you can relax to the tunes of many talented locals
- Rotary Art and Craft Market is the only market in Victoria on Good Friday, offering a huge select of products and produce for you to browse and enjoy
- Local community group events will also host a number of events throughout the region over the entire weekend (such as book and antique fairs, woodworking shows and more)
Content: Bendigo Easter Festival