Hamilton Botanic Gardens
Address: Corner French, Kennedy, Martin and Thompson streets, Hamilton, Victoria 3300
The site for these gardens was set aside in 1853 and first planted in 1870, making them one of the earliest provincial botanic gardens in Australia. William Guilfoyle designed sweeping lawns, curved paths, lakes and islands, rockeries, cacti and succulents, colourful plants and contrasting foliage. Set in four acres, the gardens were classified by the National Trust of Victoria in 1990 and contain eight tree species listed on the Register of Significant Trees in Victoria.
Copy: Tourism Victoria
Activities and attractions