Welcome, skip to the content.
Set into the lower slopes of the Warby Ranges, and fringed by the Winton Wetlands to the west, Baileys of Glenrowan occupies a very special piece of North-East Victoria. Established in 1870, the vineyard contains some of the oldest plantings in North East Victoria, upon which Baileys have established a reputation for powerful red wines and globally acclaimed fortifieds. Visitors are welcome to stroll the native garden and historic buildings, which includes the original 1870 winery, Clydesdale stables and Blacksmith's forge. The century old Cellar Door building is equally atmospheric and houses a heritage museum of antique winemaking and agricultural equipment. Visitors are invited to sample a full range of award winning red and fortified wines, including famed labels such as the 1920's Block Shiraz and Founder Series Muscat and Topaque. More recent additions include Petite Sirah, Durif and ND (Naturally Dried) Cabernet. The Old Block Cafe is a welcome recent addition, offering authentic wood fired pizzas and grazing platters to share, together with excellent tea, coffee and house made desserts.
Bookings for large groups and buses is essential. Please phone, fax or email for details.
From Melbourne travel along the Hume Freeway past Benalla. Turn off at the Glenrowan exit, through the main street of Glenrowan, then follow the signs to the Glenrowan wine region.
Alternatively, take the Taminick exit from the freeway (the one after the Glenrowan exit heading north), turn right then left on to Taminick Gap Road; we're about eight kilometres down the road.
Heading south towards Melbourne, drive through the centre of Wangaratta and follow the Glenrowan Wine Region signs, or take the Glenrowan signs and proceed as above.
Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and Good Friday.