Melbourne Regatta Blessing of the Fleet
Dates: 30 Aug 2014
Address: Victoria Harbour, Victoria Harbour Promenade, Docklands, Victoria 3008
Phone: 03 9629 7083 | Mobile: 0416 153 116
Held at Victoria Harbour, the Melbourne Regatta and Blessing of the Fleet is a great day out for the whole family.
Fun for the day includes:
- A flotilla of vessels, flares, whistles, pipe bands and a display of tugs with water cannons and emergency service vessels.
- Cruises around Melbourne's ports to see big ships up close - great photo opportunity.
- Formal Blessing of the Fleet by Father Bob.
- The schooner Enterprize will perform a re-enactment of the first landing in period costume. Opportunity go aboard for a short cruise.
- The Alma Doepel volunteers showcasing their recently restored traditional naval 4 oared captains gig.
- Story telling about the first landing as well as street entertainment including works of Shakespeare!
- Free ferry service for trips across Victoria Harbour
- Bands, vans and local venues will bedazzle Docklands.
- Celebrating Melbourne Day.
- Commemorating Melbourne's waterways and maritime heritage.
- Recognising the spiritual significance of all who sail upon the seas.
- Supporting the work of the Mission to Seafarers.
Content: Mission to Seafarers
- Child activities
- Access with assistance for the disabled
- Access without assistance for the disabled
- Toilet facilities for the disabled
Saturday, 30 August 2014
Programs run from 11am to 5pm
Contact operator for further details.
Did you not find what you are looking for? Try our specialised searches: