Customs House2

Former Customs Officers Residence

Address: Wharf Street, Wentworth, New South Wales 2648

Phone: 03 5027 5080  |  Fax: 03 5027 2403  

Email: tourism@wentworth.nsw.gov.au
Web: visitwentworth.com.au/Service.aspx?s=4&id=145

The Former Customs Officers Residence was an integral part of the busy Port of Wentworth during the late 1800's.

The Customs Office was constructed in 1884, replacing the first customs building that was constructed in 1864 and situated on the West side of the Darling River, near the bridge.

This building remained an integral part of the busy Port of Wentworth up until the decline in the river trade in 1890's.

A Custom Officer was still operating from this site in 1912. It is now a private residence and during 2001, a commemorative plaque was placed on the house, by the Australian Customs Authority.

Please contact the Wentworth Visitor Information Centre for enquires about Former Customs Officers Residence.

Content: Wentworth Shire Council - Former Customs Officers Residence

Facilities

  • Car park

Opening hours

Please contact the Wentworth Visitor Information Centre for enquires you may have about the Former Customs Officers Residence during these times.

How to get here

Top