Accreditation is a set of standards established by and for the tourism industry covering good business practice and customer service. The distinctive 'tick' logo displayed by accredited tourism businesses provides you with an assurance that they have a proven commitment to the highest standards of business practice.
They are leaders in the industry and have met specific criteria that ensure they are committed to exceeding your expectations with great customer service and the highest standard in their operating systems, policies and procedures.
When selecting an accredited business you are entitled to expect:
Professional customer service
- Compliance with health and safety
- An appropriately licensed operator
- Accuracy in advertising
- Environmental practices
- Adherence to a code of ethics.
To get local insights that make for an unforgettable experience, speak to the experts at an accredited visitor information centre.
Look for the yellow i sign – it's your guarantee that a visitor centre will offer expert and friendly advice on the best things to see and do and to make your travel planning easier. The friendly staff can help with maps, accommodation, event information, local attractions, tour bookings and more, so get to know the locals
When visiting an accredited visitor centre you can expect:
- A friendly welcome
- Free information service
- A comprehensive range of local, regional and state wide brochures
- Maps and directional information
- Information and booking services for accommodation and tours
- Information on attractions, events, retail outlets and local services
- Information on road conditions and transport options
- Unbiased local knowledge on the area
- 24-hour access to information, emergency contact numbers and accommodation options
- Public toilets onsite or nearby
- Enjoy your holiday in Australia – visit an accredited visitor centre with confidence.
Unable to get data