Terms & conditions
- The promoter of this Competition (“Promoter”) is Daylesford Macedon Tourism Ltd (ABN 63 924 206 247), located at 120 Main Rd. Hepburn Springs, Victoria. (03) 5309 2770. Information on how to enter forms part of these conditions. Participation in the Win an EXCLUSIVE Daylesford Macedon Luxury Getaway (“Competition”) constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is open to residents who reside in the states of New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, The Australian Capital Territory, Tasmania, Western Australia and the Northern Territory. Employees of the Promoter (and their immediate families), or agencies or companies associated with or connected to the provision of the Competition in any way, are ineligible to enter.
- The Competition commences at 12:00 (AEDST) on Saturday 18 August 2018 and closes at 12:00pm (AEST) on Monday 17 September. (“Competition Period”). The Competition will comprise of a game of chance and the selection of the Winner will be by random electronic draw by DMT.
- To enter, participants must:
a) Go to www.facebook.com/DaylesfordMacedonRanges, log on to their registered Facebook account, LIKE the Daylesford and Macedon Ranges page and click on the Love Life & WIN competition app OR go to www.visitvictoria.com/dmrWIN and enter the required data to complete the entry. An entrant can enter in both Facebook and Visit Victoria and both entries will be counted (eg. Entrant would have two entries). Other additional entries are awarded in the Facebook app for inviting friends;
b) Register their details including (but not limited to) name, postcode, phone number and e-mail address. By providing email details entrants are affording the Promoter, Visit Victoria, and their affiliates permission to send updates and information post promotion.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over.
- Entries must be received within the Competition Period. Entries are deemed to be received at the time they are received by the Promoter’s database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries by that entrant invalid.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- All entries will be assessed and selected at 12:00pm (AEDST) on Tuesday 18 September, 2018. There will be one Winner selected in total (“The Winner”). The draw will take place at Daylesford Macedon Tourism Ltd, 120 Main Rd, Hepburn Springs, Victoria.
- The Winner will be notified via email on Tuesday 18 September, 2018.
- The Winner will receive the prize, as set out in clause 14 below.
- The entry that is selected by a random draw by the Promoter will win:
· Two night’s accommodation for two people in a Deluxe Spa Room including a la carte breakfast, 3 course Chef’s Selection dinner (set menu) in The Argus Dining Room and one 60min Retreat bathing pass to the water therapy zone at The Mineral Spa (one per person per stay), valued at $700.
· 2 VIP tickets to Live.Love.Life. Daylesford including regional produce bag, drink, and tickets to events for time of stay. Valued at $435
· One night’s accommodation at Oak Hill Woodend including gourmet breakfast hamper valued at $220
· Dinner for two at Japanese restaurant, Kuzu Izakaya valued at $100.
· Two tickets to the Macedon Ranges Wine and Food festival valued at $45
Total Prize Value $1500 AUD.
- Prizes for the Win an EXCLUSIVE Daylesford Luxury Getaway and VIP tickets to the Live.Love.Life. Festival will be sent via post after the Winner provides their preferred postal address to DMRRTB.
- It is the responsibility of the Winner of Win an EXCLUSIVE Daylesford Luxury Getaway and VIP tickets to the Live.Love.Life. to cover the costs of any additional out-of-pocket expenses associated with redeeming this prize over and above packaging and delivery.
- When contacted the Winner will be required to further confirm their agreement to these Terms and Conditions by response. Prizes will be issued to the Winner in accordance with these conditions and subject to such confirmation.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Winner. If the Winner fails to respond to Daylesford Macedon Tourism’s email by 09.00 (AEST) Monday 24 September 2018, the Promoter will reserve the right to select an alternative Winners.
- In the case where a redraw (see clause 18) is required, the entries will be assessed and selected by 10.00(AEST) 8 January 2019. There will be one Winner selected in total (“The Winner”). The redraw will take place at Daylesford Macedon Tourism Ltd, 120 Main St. Hepburn.
- The Winner will be notified via email on 9 January 2019.
- The Winner will receive prize, as set out in clause 14.
- Prizes are not transferrable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. If a prize is unavailable, for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize to the equal value and / or specification.
- Prizes are to be redeemed within six months from the date of prize draw unless otherwise stated.
- Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses become the responsibility of the Winner.
- Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the prize redemption date.
- Entrants retain all ownership rights in their entry. However, by submitting an entry to the Competition, Entrants hereby grant the Promoter and/or supplier an irrevocable, non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of and display the entry for the purposes of conducting and promoting this Competition and advertising and marketing the Promoter and/or the supplier on all media now known or later devised.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence), to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If the Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as the Promoter considers appropriate.
- The Winner agrees to participate in any news and media/PR activities surrounding the Competition. The Winner authorise the Promoter to use their names, voice, image and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in any media in perpetuity worldwide without additional compensation. The Winner agrees to sign such other documentation as the Promoter may require to confirm these rights.
- The Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) as well as other laws in Australia may imply certain conditions, warranties and undertakings, and give you other legal rights. If they apply, these cannot be modified or excluded by any contract. You may consider seeking legal advice as to whether they apply to you.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions generally affects the entrant’s rights under Australian consumer law (as contained in Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and equivalent State and Territory fair trading legislation) regarding consumer guarantees to the extent that such consumer guarantees cannot be excluded by law. Other than these consumer guarantees and subject to clause 33, the Promoter makes no warranties about any prizes offered as part of the Competition, including warranties as to the quality, merchantability or fitness for purpose of such prizes.
- The Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a Winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. You are providing your information to Daylesford Macedon Tourism and not to Facebook. The information you provide will be used for entry into the Win an EXCLUSIVE Daylesford Luxury Getaway and VIP tickets to the Live.Love.Life. Festival.