Coolart's historic mansion is set in a delightful garden with wetlands, woodlands and pasture nearby. Paths take you to the beach, lagoon and wetlands.
Things to do
- Take a woodland walk and look for koalas
- Go birdwatching. Birds can be seen everywhere at Coolart with different species found in each of the distinct habitats. Winter and spring are the most spectacular seasons when over 1000 Australian white ibis and other waterbirds congregate on the lagoon to breed
- Picnic on the lawns or use the wood or electric barbeques. If the weather is cold or wet please enquire about the Stables picnic area
- Explore the old out buildings and imagine what life was like when you had to make your own butter
- Stroll through the beautiful gardens and discover unusual exotic plants or to the beach for views of Phillip Island and Westernport
- A slide show, 'Introducing Coolart', is shown each day in the Wetlands Observatory (1:30 PM weekdays and 2:00 PM weekends)
- Junior Ranger Certificate activities are available - these are parent-guided activities for children - just ask at the Visitor Centre for 'Let's Go Around The Farm' and 'Let's Go Beachcombing'.
Map pins are available via the tab key in a list after the map.
You can pan the map with the keyboard arrows.