Last updated: 11 September 2023
We love your content and how it features the State of Victoria! Visit Victoria would love to share it with our audience on our websites, social media platforms and other marketing channels!
Who are we?
Visit Victoria Limited (Visit Victoria or we) is the State’s tourism and events company. We inspire people to visit Melbourne and Victoria through creative storytelling and enriching events. In our work of publishing and distributing content online, we aim to raise the profile of Melbourne and Victoria as a global creative city and a leading cultural and nature tourism destination.
What do these terms capture?
These licence terms below apply to Visit Victoria’s use of audio-visual content including photography, video, illustrations, designs, captions and other ‘user generated’ media published by you using the hashtags #VisitMelbourne #VisitVictoria or #MelbourneMoments.
What do you agree?
By providing Visit Victoria with your written consent to use your content, you:
- grant Visit Victoria a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable, non-exclusive and worldwide licence (together with the right to sub-licence) to reproduce your content on any website, webpage, blog, mobile application, social media account or other digital platform managed by Visit Victoria;
- agree that we can adapt, translate, modify and/or edit your content for the purpose of distributing your content on a new or different platform for amplification;
- agree that your content may be shared with and by our licensees, contractors, assignees and successors and their licensees, and any other person authorised by any of them, for projects and events we collaborate on;
- warrant that your content is original to you (or that you have permission to share it with us and have provided us with accurate details for us to identify and credit the author(s)) and that use of your content by Visit Victoria shall not infringe the intellectual property or other rights of any third party;
- acknowledge that Visit Victoria is not obliged to use your content and can choose to remove it from our accounts and other platforms at any time in its discretion; and
- agree that you will not receive any payment, royalty, licence fee or other remuneration if we use your content, but that all use by Visit Victoria shall be accompanied by the credit to the author (being you or the author(s) details you provide).
If Visit Victoria wishes to use any of your content in a paid advertising capacity (either on digital platforms, or for ‘offline’ purposes - such as print publication or outdoor media) or in collaboration with a third party, you will be contacted directly for permission, and we request to execute a separate agreement for this purpose.
How can you provide your consent?
By responding ‘YES’ (or any similar, affirmative response) to our team’s prompt in the thread, chat or private message exchange, you agree to be bound by these terms. Your response should include accurate details to enable us to identify and credit the author(s) of the content, if that is not you.
As well as tagging your account in our repost, we want to make sure the artist or photographer is attributed for their great work! It is your responsibility to ensure that spelling and pronouns are correct in your response so that our use is accurate.
What happens if you change your mind?
If you choose to remove your content from your personal accounts or managed platforms, this will not result in any revocation of the licence you have granted above.
You can request that we discontinue the use of your content at any time by sending us an email to [email protected]. Please note that there may be reasonable delays in receiving a response from our team.
Visit Victoria’s English language social media channels
Facebook: Visit Melbourne