The Maffra Sugar Beet Museum is housed primarily in the relocated office and weighbridge of the former Maffra Sugar Beet Factory, with an associated shed containing agricultural machinery.
An audio-visual of Sugar Beet growing around Maffra is included, as are small exhibitions on European exploration, Aborigines and pre-history. Archives and photographs are held off-site at Maffra Library. An extensive collection of Architectural plans is held.
The Collection contains objects and documents relating to the cultivation of Sugar Beet around Maffra (1896-1848), and the Maffra Sugar beet factory, plus agriculture in general (especially dairy farming) and documents and photographs relating to the former Maffra Shire. Photographs include an extensive collection of the works of H.B. Hammond, photographer at Maffra from c.1907 to the 1940s.
The Maffra Sugar Beet Museum opens on the first Sunday of the month, to coincide with the monthly Maffra Market.
- Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Map pins are available via the tab key in a list after the map.
You can pan the map with the keyboard arrows.