As you begin your journey and depart the Walhalla Heritage Precinct, you will travel through the station yard which lies between Stringers Creek and the cliff-face that underpins the Brunton's Bridge Road.
After you leave the engine and
As the train winds it's way down hill you will pass through Happy Creek to begin the second half of your journey.
The train journey follows Stringers Creek to where it joins the Thomson River; then you travel across the historic and spectacular Thomson River Bridge to arrive at Thomson Station where you will have time to explore the area before returning to Walhalla.
In spring and summer wild flowers are prevalent throughout the gorge.
Catch the breathtaking beauty of the autumn trees in April when they appear to light up sections of the valley.
Then in the winter Stringers Creek comes to life with increased water flows which spill over the attractive waterfall.
Content: Walhalla Goldfields Railway
Return Ticket - Concession $15 Return Ticket - Adult $20 Return Ticket - Family $50
Return Ticket $15 Children aged 3 years and under are free of charge.
From 08 Jul 2016 to 31 Dec 2016
- Wednesday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Actively welcomes people with access needs
- Suitable for guests who have challenges with learning, communication, understanding and behaviour
- Suitable for guests with sufficient mobility to climb two or three steps, but would benefit from fixtures and fittings to aid balance
- Suitable for guests who depend on the use of a wheelchair in a seated position at all times
- Suitable for guests with high support needs who uses a hoist and always travel with a carer
- Regional Tourist/Tourism Association/Organisation
Map pins are available via the tab key in a list after the map.
You can pan the map with the keyboard arrows.