Enjoy the ‘hands-on’ fun and interactive experiences in The Lab. Feel the freeze in the Antarctic Chill Zone then compare your thermal image with an
Immerse yourself in the breathtaking multimedia experience in The Chamber, surrounded by creatures of the deep. The audio visual spectacle puts you right in the heart of the action with whales, seals, sharks and more. Stand on an ice floe and see yourself up on the giant screen, reaching out to stroke a seal or pat a penguin, all thanks to incredible augmented reality technology.
The fascinating array of activities ensures that the unique wildlife, the ongoing research activities, and the critically important conservation values of this remote continent come alive to make this a truly fun and enjoyable learning adventure.
Located just 90 minutes from Melbourne and five minutes from the world-famous Penguin Parade.
The Antarctic Journey closes approximately 2 hours before sunset every day of the year to protect the native wildlife living in the Summerland peninsula.
Content: Phillip Island Nature Parks
Concession $12.60 Adult $18.00 Family (two adults, two children) $45.00
Children (4 to 14 years) $9.00.
From 01 Dec 2020 to 28 Feb 2021
- Daily: 10:00am - 7:00pm
From 01 Sep 2020 to 30 Nov 2020
- Daily: 10:00am - 5:00pm
From 01 Mar 2021 to 31 May 2021
- Daily: 10:00am - 4:00pm
From 01 Jun 2021 to 31 Aug 2021
- Daily: 10:00am - 3:00pm
25 Dec 2020
- 2:00pm - 7:00pm
- Actively welcomes people with access needs
- Suitable for guests who have challenges with learning, communication, understanding and behaviour
- Suitable for guests with a vision impairment. Attained by providing for guests with partial vision impairment or total loss of useable vision
- Suitable for guests with a hearing impairment, from mild hearing loss to profoundly deaf
- Suitable for guests who depend on the use of a wheelchair in a seated position at all times
- Suitable for guests with high support needs who uses a hoist and always travel with a carer
- Suitable for guests with allergies and intolerances
- ECO Certified (Advanced Ecotourism) by Ecotourism Australia
- Regional Tourist/Tourism Association/Organisation
Map pins are available via the tab key in a list after the map.
You can pan the map with the keyboard arrows.