Built in 1900 to serve the local communities that lived in the hills, carrying anything from passengers to timber, livestock, potatoes and plants, the Railway is
Take in the magic of steam train travel from the moment you arrive, with the sight of the historic locomotives being prepared for departure, the smell of steam billowing out of the vessel’s chimney and the evocative sound of the train’s whistle.
Before long, jump on board the open side carriages for a serene ride over the hills, across the iconic timber trestle bridges, down the valley and into the forest on the original mountain track between Belgrave and Lakeside.
In addition to the excursion train experience, guests also have the choice of booking Private Carriage Hire and pre-purchased Picnic and Lunch packs.
Content: Puffing Billy Steam Railway
Excursion train tickets available online until 8:00 am on the day of travel. Family fares are available for up to two adults and two children.
Children aged 0-3 years travel free.
- From 14/05/21 to 16/05/21
* 15% off adult, concession, child and family fares. Valid for all Belgrave to Lakeside excursion train return journeys - journeys available reflecting timetable at the time of booking. Excludes carriage hire, charter trains and special events. Available for online bookings and travel between 14/05/2021 to 16/05/2021. Excludes all Victorian Public Holidays, other offers, or gift vouchers.
From 14 May 2021 to 31 Aug 2021
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
From 28 Jun 2021 to 11 Jul 2021
- Daily: 9:00am - 5:00pm
25 Dec 2021
- Disabled access available, contact operator for details
- COVID Ready by ATEC
- Australian Tourism Export Council
- Regional Tourist/Tourism Association/Organisation
Map pins are available via the tab key in a list after the map.
You can pan the map with the keyboard arrows.